Kids produce more heat during activities and sweat less, which is why they are more susceptible to heat-related illness, especially on hot, humid days.
The bottom line? There is no “child-safe” consumer firework. And parental supervision, while always a good thing, is simply not enough.
When swallowed, button batteries pose a high risk for injury and complications, including death, because of the chemical reaction they can cause in the esophagus, or food pipe.
A few simple actions can make a huge difference in someone experiencing a seizure.
Be sure you know your sunburn safety basics: sunburn protection, how to choose a sunscreen and how to treat burns.